Type: Single Malt
Our whisky making tradition has been passed down by distillery managers since the first drop rolled off the still in 1815.
Ian Hunter, Bessie Williamson, John MacDougal, Denise Nicole, Iain Henderson, John Campbell and our newest Distillery Manager, Barry MacAffer, have all been protective custodians of the art of Laphroaig.
Each brought their own influence, of course, but all respected the unique elements that make Laphroaig the whisky it is.
The Kilbride Stream, hand-cut peat, floor malted barley, cold-smoking kilns, mash tuns, copper alchemy and the subtlety of oak aging. Each and every stage crucial in producing the most richly flavored of all Scotch whiskies.WEBSITE
Laphroaig 10 Year Old
It’s aged for ten years, and distilled following the traditions laid down over the last 200 years by a succession of passionate and skilled master distillers. This is a truly classic single malt Scotch, made from malted barley which is first cold-smoked and then dried over a peat fire.
The smoke from the unique Islay peat gives Laphroaig its particular rich flavor. This peated whisky is renowned for its bold, smoky taste, followed by a hint of seaweed and a surprising sweetness. Full-bodied with a long finish, it truly embodies the quintessential Laphroaig character.
- The quintessential Islay malt with flavors of peat smoke and salt
- Distilled the same way today as it was at creation over 75 years ago
- Full-bodied and smoky with hints of seaweed and sweetness
- A truly distinctive whisky, it embodies the Laphroaig house style
- 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Awards Gold
Laphroaig Select combines five specially selected casks of our iconic isaly scotch.
Our master distiller carefully draws whisky matured the historic way in Oloroso sherry butts, Pedro Ximinez seasoned hogsheads, and first-fill bourbon quarter casks to create this distinctive blend.
The heart is drawn from a final maturation in new, American oak — a rarity in Scotch whisky production — which adds bold flavor.
The final addition is our quintessential single malt scotch, Laphroaig 10, which is aged for a decade. With flavors of smoky peat, spicy oak and a surprising sweetness, Laphroaig Select is a fantastic introduction to peated whisky.
- A hand selected blend of single malt casks create a unique character
- Mix of American and European oak sherry and bourbon casks
- Heart of spirit drawn from American oak casks, rarely used in scotch
- Complex, deep whisky with notes of oak, peat and sweetness
- 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Awards Gold
Laphroaig Quarter Cask
Matured twice in American oak, Laphroaig Quarter Cask presents an irresistible doubling of flavor.
Because the second maturation takes place in smaller, quarter-sized casks, the spirit has more contact with wood. This lends hints of coconut, banana and vanilla to the instantly recognizable Laphroaig flavor of smoky peat complemented by a surprising sweetness.
It should be enjoyed alone, over ice or with a splash of water to fully pay tribute to the unique flavor. Laphroaig Quarter Cask begins its maturation in ex-bourbon barrels and, while still aging, is transferred to small quarter casks.
Aging in smaller barrels revives an old tradition, paying tribute to the master distillers who have perfected the Laphroaig process over two centuries.
- Aged twice: once in ex-bourbon barrels and once in quarter casks
- Maturation in smaller casks pays tribute to historic tradition
- Deep, complex whisky with flavors of smoky peat and subtle sweetness
- American oak lends flavors of coconut, banana and vanilla
- 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Award Gold
Every sip of Laphroaig Lore tells the story of our distillers, blenders and master craftsmen through the centuries.
Created using techniques that have been passed down for generations, this single malt Scotch is made from some of the most precious whiskies in our Atlantic storehouse. Our master distillers select spirits from five different cask types, including ex-Bourbon barrels, 19th Century-style quarter casks and large Oloroso sherry butts.
Aged anywhere from seven years to 21 years, each spirit brings its own element — and lore — to the blend.
The result is the richest expression of our unforgettable peated whisky. Sparkling gold, this rich and smoky Scotch tastes of fall days by the ocean with hints of ash and bitter chocolate. A long, sweet finish and spicy chili tingle make this dram utterly unparalleled. Serve neat, or over ice.
- Complex blend of small-batch Scotch whisky, matured in five casks
- Rich, smoky taste with hints of dark chocolate and ocean air
- Crafted based on traditions passed down through generations
- Aged from 7 to 21 years for the richest possible Laphroaig flavor
- 2019 International Wine and Spirit Competition Silver